Monday, February 17, 2014



Myth


I was the sun-god, creator of all things, including humans. Mankind was created by my precious tears. Every tear made someone new and mankind grew larger in time. I lived on the earth and ruled a kingdom. For a long time this kingdom thrived and men respected who I was, but I was beginning to grow old, and they started mocking me. I was very angry when I heard the betrayal of mankind. I gathered some of the gods in secretly, so that humans would know nothing. All the god gathered around me as I told the story of mankind's betrayal. I spoke to my father, about what I should do. My father answered, You should send your eye down and what humans have betrayed you, shall disappear from your world. I thought about what my father had said and I met with the other gods once again to see what they thought would be a good idea.They all agreed that I should send my eye down among the humans in a way that I would be able to see everything. So I sent my eye down, in the form of the goddess Hathor. She went into the hiding places, striking fear in the hearts of men. Much of mankind was killed. Hathor returned to me after the first day as a lioness. She was pleased by the taste of their blood. I realized that Hathor would destroy the human race completely. As angry as I had become all I had wished for was to rule mankind, not destroy it. There was only one way to stop Hathor, I had to trick her. I ordered my servants to brew seven thousand jars of beer and color it red using the blood of those who had been killed. In the morning I had my servants take the beer to the place where Hathor would slaughter the remaining humans. My servants poured the beer on the fields. Hathor came to this place where the beer flooded the fields. Looking down, she saw her own reflection, and it pleased her. She drank deeply of the beer, she then became drunk, and fell asleep. She soon forgot about her quest of revenge on the humans. I had saved the rest of mankind and it could be remade in only the matter of time. 

3 comments:

  1. At this stage A.K.A. the part where everybody dies(at least those pesky humans), wasn't Hathor known as Sekhmet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to capitalize 'Earth' but otherwise it looks good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detail in this!! Greatjob!

    ReplyDelete